By Victoria Emma Pagán
- Tacitus is without doubt one of the most crucial Roman historians of his time, in addition to a very good literary stylist, whose paintings is characterised via his philosophy of human nature
- Encourages interdisciplinary dialogue meant to interact students past Classics together with philosophy, cultural reports, political technology, and literature
- Showcases new theoretical techniques that increase our realizing of this complicated author
- Clarifies and explains the notoriously tough language of Tacitus
- Written and designed to arrange a brand new new release of students to envision for themselves the richness of Tacitean thought
- Includes contributions from a wide diversity of tested foreign students and emerging stars within the field
Read or Download A Companion to Tacitus (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Similar historical studies books
The right way to reinvent Lenin within the period of “cultural capitalism. ”The thought of a Lenin renaissance may possibly good impress an outburst of sarcastic laughter. Marx is fine, yet Lenin? Doesn’t he stand for the large disaster which left its mark at the complete twentieth-century? Lenin, even if, merits wider attention than this, and his writings of 1917 are testomony to a powerful political determine.
Because the Nineteen Seventies West German historiography has been one of many major arenas of overseas comparative heritage. It has produced very important empirical reports quite in social historical past in addition to methodological and theoretical reflections on comparative background. over the last two decades despite the fact that, this strategy has felt strain from assets: cultural old techniques, which rigidity microhistory and the development of cultural move at the one hand, worldwide historical past and transnational ways with emphasis on hooked up historical past at the different.
Written in an attractive and unique sort, this widely-used how-to consultant introduces readers to the speculation, craft, and strategies of background and gives a chain of instruments to assist them study and comprehend the previous. half I is a stimulating, philosophical advent to the foremost components of history--evidence, narrative, and judgment--that explores how the research and ideas of background have developed over the centuries.
This ebook explores the lived reminiscence of the Portuguese colonial warfare (1961-1974) in the course of the research of thirty-six oral heritage interviews with ex-combatants of this clash. The meanings that the opponents attributed to their struggle reports then and now are the book’s analytical focus. This undertaking seeks to reply to the subsequent questions: how has the general public reminiscence of this colonial clash built in Portugal from 1974 to nearly 2010?
- Philostratus (Routledge Revivals): Biography and Belles Lettres in the Third Century A.D.
- Hitler muerde el anzuelo. Normandia: la trama oculta del Dia D (Conjuras) (Spanish Edition)
- The Three Axial Ages: Moral, Material, Mental
- Auf dass wir klug werden: Das Leben der Herzogin Elisabeth zu Sachsen, Teil 1 (German Edition)
- Historiadores e historiografía de la Antigüedad clásica. Dos aproximaciones (Breviarios) (Spanish Edition)
Additional resources for A Companion to Tacitus (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)